New kind of input device?

Smem3000

Beta member
Hiya,

I'm a product design student and we're currently undertaking a research project that will help us decide what to design for our final year project.

One of the areas I'm looking into is the possibility of designing a device that would fit at the inside bottom your fingers and would allow you to input shortcut combinations by clenching your fingers.

This idea came about from me wishing I had something like that so I could Photoshop away with my head planted on my chin.. I think though that it could have some applications for people with impaired mobility

I am at the very early stages of this, so I am only starting to build my knowledge of whats out there, but I have been told there isn't really anything on the market like what I'm trying to do.

I would love any input from people; What problems do you have with mice or keyboards? Any particularly useful devices you have seen or used? do you think there's scope for a new kind of input device?

Any kind of input really appreciated.. I'd like to design something actually useful! : )

Thank a million

Emily

My problem with Mouse/Keyboard. If you have more than one desktop like I do, it's either two keyboards/mice or a KVM. I don't need a KVM with VGA/DVI/HDMI though, as I have multiple monitors. A solution for that would be awesome, personally.

My problem with Mouse/Keyboard. If you have more than one desktop like I do, it's either two keyboards/mice or a KVM. I don't need a KVM with VGA/DVI/HDMI though, as I have multiple monitors. A solution for that would be awesome, personally.

Hi elrebrin,

Thanks for your reply.

If you had your different PC's set to receive wireless input comms on different channels, and had a channel switcher thing built into your keyboard where you could switch between your machines, would that sort of thing work? I am not up to speed on what peripherals are available now so something like that probably exists?

Emily

I don't think anything like that exists, but that would awesome. Would save me having two keyboards and mice, gets super confusing! Great idea!

Back
Top Bottom