13" travel-suited laptops?

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
I'm looking for great battery life and good portability weight first and foremost.

Though it'll be used 99% of the time for word/internet/etc, I'd like a bit of oomph should it be required though. Nothing too spectacular, but something better than integrated HD3000 would be nice.

Currently have my eye on this: http://www.austin.net.au/asus-zenbook-prime-ux32vd-r3001v-intelr-core.html

It's pretty much perfect except for the res, only 1366x768 :/
Still, I think if I can't find anything better I'll settle. Only a 13" panel, so I don't know how much I *need* a higher res anyway. 1600x900 would've been nice though if not full HD.

I'm also a bit iffy on the SSD+HDD hybrid combo thing, would prefer a single SSD even if it's only 256/128Gb.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Edit: For the life of me I can't verify 100%, does the laptop I linked have a full HD display? Confusing as hell, the UX32VD is advertised as such, but this is the UX32VD-R3001V and everywhere I look I see 1366x768. Yet the description given on that site says the 620M powers a full HD display :S
I'm thinking this particular model is 1366 only

Last edited:
Well the description and elsewhere shows 1366. Maybe they mean it can power full HD?
Where were you when we had a huge discussion about Ultrabooks :p

Couple hundred more and you can get a MacBook Air with more power, more pixels, and a better battery.

The UX32VD comes in both 768p and 1080p versions so I would guess that is the 768p one.

If you want a SSD only you have to go for the UX31 Zenbook Prime which doesn't have a dedicated gpu

Back
Top Bottom