RAM Upgrade for ASRock Z77 Extreme6 + i7-3770K

Just got my Ram in the 2x8 kit... The IC on it is 13121500... What does that mean? Is it the date manufactured, 1/13, and then the actual module, 2150, being Samsung? Just curious on this and if these are good modules? I have read some reports on Micron being one of the best, not sure where Samsung ranks up...

I don't dive too far into RAM and specific models anymore. Only back in the day when you could buy specific kinds to do different things like tigheter timings and higher voltage (TCCD, BH9)
Samsung make excellent chips.

I don't dive too far into RAM and specific models anymore. Only back in the day when you could buy specific kinds to do different things like tigheter timings and higher voltage (TCCD, BH9)
Samsung make excellent chips.

Ok cool thanks... Some of the people on another forum were saying that for a 2x8 kit that micron might be the best or Hynix is also good... Does it really matter lol? Samsung seems to make a solid product so I'm not too worried about it...

No not at all. Those kind of details only matter to specific hardcore LN2 overclockers. Like Kingpin has a specific 2600/2800 Trident kit he uses himself.

Back
Top Bottom