Front USB Doesn't work!

DogSong

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, this kid from school told me he has a Dell that for some reason the Front USB Slots do not work. Now, I've thought about it possibly being unplugged from the mobo, but I thought "how could it just come disconnected?" He says no one has ever done maintenance, so I told him he could bring it to me, and I don't know if this is something he'll have to buy a new mobo for :/ Thanks guys!

was something spilled on it? That can short out a USB plug real quick.

or

Did this person try to plug something in to charge that wasn't USB compatible, maybe shorting it out? Some older phones, tabs, e-readers, etc... needed a specific power plug to charge, and the USB was only for data transfer

Doubt it. He says his keyboard used to work in that port, now it doesn't.... Could that connector on the mobo be dead?

Has he tried all the rest? I assume that he has other ports to try? If one USB port got shorted out, it doesn't have to affect the others.

If you open up the device manager and it has an exclamation in the USB section as an unknown device, then yes... that one port is broke.

Has he tried all the rest? I assume that he has other ports to try? If one USB port got shorted out, it doesn't have to affect the others.

If you open up the device manager and it has an exclamation in the USB section as an unknown device, then yes... that one port is broke.

Sounds good.... I'm just gonna charge him a $5 diagnostic fee, because it seems like everytime I open a case, I get cut.... :/

Back
Top Bottom