Computer cases?

MalignantBC

Baseband Member
Ok guys, I am currently building a new PC. It's my first one so I want to make sure its goes smoothly.

I am looking at computer cases and most advice I have gotten was don't use the power supplys that go with them.

I am shopping for one and I just want to know the differences in them? What should I look for? Some are $34 while other are $320. Is there a differance other than the design??

Materials, options, motherboard compatibility, warranty, reliability, type of paint, and design are the main differences.

Anything that fits a standard ATX board that fits your design and color preferences will work. If you buy a case with a PSU in it, you'll need to still buy a better quality PSU. It doesn't hamper your ability to actually use that case.

Personally, I just built a new rig with the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1. Fantastic Full Size Tower, with Fan Controls, Sturdy Build, built in dust filters, and even a hotswap drive!I actually wrote a review about it on my site. Thermtake Chaser MK-I

I'd also recommend the Corsaid 600/900D. Great full steel cases. I'd recommend anything that is full steel, as it will last you longer, and can be re-used over and over again. Keeping that in mind, if you spend more, it will be worth it.

It will also depend on what you want to have on the front. That case has no USB 3.0. I personally use 2 HDD's that are 3.0, so for me to plug them in all the time in back makes no sense. If this is something you wish to have, then that case is no good for you.

Also, where you plan on placing the system will depend on where the placement on the front panel might be. Mine is on the floor, so a top panel was essential.

Personally, I would go with something like this:
Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more!

I guess the other question is, does your mobo support a USB 3.0 header?

Last edited:
It will also depend on what you want to have on the front. That case has no USB 3.0. I personally use 2 HDD's that are 3.0, so for me to plug them in all the time in back makes no sense. If this is something you wish to have, then that case is no good for you.

Also, where you plan on placing the system will depend on where the placement on the front panel might be. Mine is on the floor, so a top panel was essential.

Personally, I would go with something like this:
Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more!

I guess the other question is, does your mobo support a USB 3.0 header?

300 can support better 120mm fans as well. One of the biggest complains I have of the HAF cases is the proprietary 200mm fans. I made a Bitfenix Pro fit but some people don't like to rig things up.

I think it looks rather sleek for what it is. I hate all the gaudy childish looking cases personally.
Same here, 100%. Personally I think it's rather nice to have an aesthetically pleasing case, but after all it's the features it packs. Another reason why I like the corsair 200r as it's both pleasing to the eyes, and is a good all-rounded case. All whilst being cheap too.

Back
Top Bottom