Next gaming rig purchase

Not with 4870x2 cards, the adapter that comes with this card is a DVI-VGA if i remember. As the card doesnt have HDMI ports, i cant use a standard HDMI cable as nice and easy as that sounds :(
My HDMI comments were regarding your purchasing of the 680, which has standard HDMI on it. Are you not getting that anymore?

my choice of GPU could possibly change in a few months when haswell arrives. if i can save cash on not having to buy new soundcard and in a couple of other areas, i might bump it up to later model.....

The current 680 will stand as the flagship model for probably another year. The only alternative would be the 690 for a grand, a Titan for a grand, or if they really release a Titan LE then that. If released, MSRP will be 599 plus your usual markup.

Titan Ultra (actually confirmed coming out) will lower the price of the current Titan to around 750, GTX 690 is being phased out, and I don't think the current 680s will be dropping in price.

The Asus p8z77 v-lx. What do you make of this mainboard? Its cheap as chips, seems to offer all the basic requirements for a mainstream gamer, is skinnier than the standard ATX, doesnt have heatsinks for the cpu voltage (not a major), cant SLi but can crossfire (i will only run 1 card). I cant knock this card for its price of $174NZ ($146US)

LGA 1155 Mainboard with Everything You Need and Nothing You Don

In regards to the GPU ill also be keeping my eye on ATI prices. Being a current ATI owner and nvidia in the past im completely open to switching sides whern the price is right :)

In regards to the GPU ill also be keeping my eye on ATI prices. Being a current ATI owner and nvidia in the past im completely open to switching sides whern the price is right :)
The difference in uncanny honestly. Currently owning both camps, Nvidia drivers are still far superior.

Not sure why you are linking a Z77 board if you are waiting for Haswell. Haswell chips will require new boards as they are a new socket type. So will be Z87 based.

As far as Z77 goes, cheapest best option would be this.
ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

yeah just realised about 10 minutes ago that im looking at the wrong socket set. Scrap that haha. Head is pretty jam packed with components :p

Back
Top Bottom