DVI Connection Issues

CasKade

Beta member
Hello, all.

If this question has been answered, please guide me to the appropriate thread. My searches have not answered my question.

Here is the issue:
Trying to connect my Dell Inspiron VGA-output cable to a DVI-input RCA Model #D40W20 Television. I have a VGA-to-DVI-I Dual Link converter piece on the computer and a DVI-D Single-link cable and the input on the TV is DVI-D Dual Link.

So again to clarify, the connection looks like this:

Computer VGA Out -> VGA to DVI-I Dual Link Converter -> DVI-D Single Link Cable-> DVI-D Dual Link in on the TV.

The Problem? I get no picture. Nothing at all. I'm thinking the issue may due to the varying DVI inputs and cables I have in this setup, but I don't think that matters.

If there's anybody who can help me get picture on my TV via computer, that would be wonderful. If I'm doing something wrong entirely, it would also be of help to steer me in the right direction.

Thanks!
-Kade

The less conversions the better. The best solution would be VGA straight to DVI-D Dual Link. I don't think I've ever seen a signal converted three times and actually work :tongue:

Take a look through this:
Finding the Right DVI Cable

Yikes. VGA to DVI-D is expensive, it seems. Some products I've found about while scouring the internet have allowed me to come across these items:

5 30 5 Pin DVI D to VGA DB15 USB LCD CRT PC Cable 1 8M | eBay

I know that converting the Analog VGA to the Digital DVI-D can be troublesome, but this cord appears to do what I need it to do... right? I mean, what does that USB portion do, exactly?

I know I could get a straight-up video card, external or internal, but I'd rather not spend that kind of money if I don't have to.

I've never tried it, so I can't tell you if it'll work or not. It's always worth a try though

Back
Top Bottom