Would you be upset at this?

brad1138

Solid State Member
I bought a used motherboard off Ebay from someone with 100% Feed Back and a few hundred sales. He shipped the motherboard , wrapped in a plastic grocery bag with no padding in a box twice it's size. The scotch tape used to seal the box was almost completely broken where as it could have fallen out.

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh359/brad3d/IMG_20130418_164133_137_zps8b58fbaa.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh359/brad3d/IMG_20130418_164259_001_zps10a65d16.jpg

Am I over reacting to think this is a horrible way to ship such a delicate piece of electronics? It does work, but I am not sure I should give positive feedback.

Thanks

Lol that's not how a motherboard (or anything at all, really) should be shipped. If electronics, it should be put in an ESD bag... not a grocery bag. And when shipping anything, it should be packed in securely with packing foam or bubblewrap.

Did you buy it "as is"? cause if something if it doesn't work, I would ask for a refund. If he didn't want to do that, then I would dispute it with Ebay and send those pics to them, claiming bad shipping caused the DOA.

Well for starters that bag could have been statically charged when he inserted the board into it. That would have shorted the board out before it even left his house. Next, without proper cushion against the boxes edges a cap couple have been broken off. That's two major problems right there that you can tell him.

Those were my feelings exactly, I can not think of a more delicate piece than an motherboard out of its case. I was even more surprised he didn't think there was anything wrong with the way it was shipped.

I didn't know of this forum till he told me, if it doesn't boot:

"Visit tech forums and ask for help and I'll get one of the lead mods to assist you."

I am assuming he is affiliated with this site somehow.

Last edited:
I absolutely would give him a negative review in a heartbeat. that is not how it should have been shipped. it should have been shipped in an antistatic bag with crumpled up newspaper to fill the air spaces. Lazy and uneducated seller. I wouldnt have even built a system with that, i would have demanded a refund and sent it back and bought another board from a different seller. that is like, the exact WRONG way to ship anything, let alone a motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom