Old Slow Laptop

keiranb95

Solid State Member
I have this old Toshiba Equium, it used to be fast a few years ago but has gotten into old age and is painfully slow and doesn't do a lot of things correctly. I can't afford to buy a new laptop, so i was wondering whether anybody could recommend an upgrade or replacement of hardware? Iv'e been inside it after replacing the thermal paste with CPU running at dangerously high temps and managed to get it running at 40 degrees and cleaning out the fan/heatsink. I have owned it since about 2009.

Do you run win XP or 7 on it? You could do a backup of all your stuff and reinstall windows. But I would make sure I had all the drivers first.

Are you trying to install it from within windows? if so try to boot of the install disk. That may work then.

I have this old Toshiba Equium, it used to be fast a few years ago but has gotten into old age and is painfully slow and doesn't do a lot of things correctly. Iv'e been inside it after replacing the thermal paste with CPU running at dangerously high temps and managed to get it running at 40 degrees and cleaning out the fan/heatsink. I have owned it since about 2009.

Hmm, when was the last time you did a grease change on the cpu ?
Also, if your computer has been freezing, might be time for a new pair of ram sticks.
If you don't mind backing up all of your files you need do that and attempt a full clean install of vista.

Use this to make the iso's burnable to dvd disc:
PowerISO - Create, Burn, Mount, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

How to use PowerISO as ISO Burner?

Back
Top Bottom