just another build

Pegasus88

Baseband Member
hello I'm kinda new at this, I've done some research and this is what i came up with, also I should say I'll be using this mostly for gaming and and entertainment and I'd like to learn how to overclock a little bit in the future. I didn't choose a video card yet because im gonna use Intel HD 4000 for now (gonna upgrade with a ASUS 660ti as soon as I can) Id like to know if there is anywhere to save a bit of money but not lose to much performance

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl w/ USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case

Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel 3570k

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Power: CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC

SSD: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

HDD: Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Optical: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Monitor: ASUS VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers
Item #: N82E16824236117CVF

That PSU is made by CWT which is of questionable quality so I'd go for Seasonic made. Seasonic use better components and have an extra feature to control current spikes.

The rest of the list looks good but I'd prefer Gigabyte to Asrock for same reason.

You don't need 750W if you're gonna stay with a single 660Ti. Something like the SeaSonic M12II 520W should be more than fine for a single card. If you like headroom, make it Seasonic M12II 620W or Corsair TX/HX 650W.

To the OP, why are you buying a high end rig for gaming, but leaving out the most important part? You'll be lucky to play certain games at the lowest settings with a max of 30fps. You also don't need a 750w PSU for a 660ti.

You can save some cash by lowering the PSU down to a 550w Seasonic, dropping the CPU to an i5 3330, and grab a B75 board. That will lower your cost a couple hundred.

Also, I do not recommend the Crucial SSD. Slower speeds than other competing drives like the Corsair Force GT, Neutron GTX, Samsung 840pro, and Intel 520.

If you aren't used to Windows 8, I suggest getting Windows 7 pro instead as well. There is nothing different in 8 that you won't get in 7 besides the Metro interface.
That PSU is made by CWT which is of questionable quality so I'd go for Seasonic made. Seasonic use better components and have an extra feature to control current spikes.

The rest of the list looks good but I'd prefer Gigabyte to Asrock for same reason.
The PSU quality is fine, with a 150-250w overhead.

ASRock make better boards than Gigabyte these days. Gigabyte blew it completely with their X79 line.

Last edited:
i want an SLI ready PSU because after I have a 660ti for a bit i may get another one and sli them,
any good recommendations for a different mobo and PSU, and a vid card will be my first upgrade I do and in the mean time Ill only be playing games like starcraft 2 or diablo 3 on low settings

Back
Top Bottom