Windows XP unexpectedly shutsdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabansi

Solid State Member
Okay, this morning my brother woke me up and told me that something was wrong with the computer so I decided to go find out, and when you turn in on and it goes to the log-in screen it goes to standby, or it shuts down unexpectedly when you type in the password.

I waited a while and tried again and then it would finally let me into windows to see if i could actually do anything this time. My brother installed a bunch of crap game programs and the thing had been on for 2 days straight. So I uninstalled one of them and deleted a couple other things before my comp decided randomly again to goto standby and shutdown. This time I just sat there a bit bewildered and when I was about to turn the power strip off the standby somehow made the computer back on.. and then moments later it shutdown.

So I was wondering what the heck is going on with it? It was just a month or two ago that I installed windows XP to a new harddrive. My brother had kept it on for 2 days straight so he could download his little game and now it randomly shutsdown on start-up, or when in windows. Any suggestions?

Tabansi said:
Okay, this morning my brother woke me up and told me that something was wrong with the computer so I decided to go find out, and when you turn in on and it goes to the log-in screen it goes to standby, or it shuts down unexpectedly when you type in the password.

I waited a while and tried again and then it would finally let me into windows to see if i could actually do anything this time. My brother installed a bunch of crap game programs and the thing had been on for 2 days straight. So I uninstalled one of them and deleted a couple other things before my comp decided randomly again to goto standby and shutdown. This time I just sat there a bit bewildered and when I was about to turn the power strip off the standby somehow made the computer back on.. and then moments later it shutdown.

So I was wondering what the heck is going on with it? It was just a month or two ago that I installed windows XP to a new harddrive. My brother had kept it on for 2 days straight so he could download his little game and now it randomly shutsdown on start-up, or when in windows. Any suggestions?

go into safe mode,delete or remove what your brother put on it. run your av and spyware

Errr.. Guess what my brother didnt tell me? at 5AM he had spilt sprite all over the keyboard and let it sit there over night... so the keyboard did different commands on every button... space bar was refresh, J was goto standby, the left arrow key was non-stop zeros and back space would shut it down. Awkward -_- well i got that problem fixed yall. Totally wrong thing until my brother TOLD ME. It had soaked into the num pad, where i hardly use those in the first place. and swimmed across the inside. So after i got that all figured out and found a lot of sprite and such across the rack of the keyboard holder.. One thing lead to another and my brother got lazy and decided it would be okay to not clean his mess up. :-/ so i got a new keyboard and everything is okay now. Thanks anyways yall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom