Buying from craigslist , help :)

I was going to, but I haven't yet. She wanted me to get that monitor first. She's just got a laptop for now.

I live 25 miles from the nearest computer store, so I guess I am just gonna have to wait on this. I hate my luck this is so ****ty.

Is there anyway a faulty ide cable would cause this? I am not trying to sound rude, I am just aggrivated sorry. Wouldn't an external disc drive work because it doesn't have to be plugged in to the same spot on my board that may be faulty?
25 miles? That's nothing. My Microcenter is 25 miles from me now that I live in the city, and when I lived out in Venus it was over an hour drive, and Fry's was a 45 minute drive.

It could easily be faulty.
An external drive has a 50/50 possibility to work. Like I said in my last post, if it's software on the PC causing it not to work then an external wouldn't work either.

Whatever is the cheapest. They all do the same thing.

Damnit, okay. If its software I'm just kinda ****ed I take it... And that computer store im talking about, I don't even know what they do i just know they sell computers.

Damn this. Well I guess I'm gonna ask around at my work later today. I work in the electronic section at a store so it's possible people may have excess parts I can borrow to test. Keep your fingers crossed for me. And thanks for helping me seriously.

I got that wireless adapter, and I noticed it didn't have a screw in it, was it supposed to?

Good news-bad news: my disc drive will read CDs, I can put in any normal cd and it will read it but it won't read any DVD discs, so no games or movies.
Does that help narrow down the problems for it and maybe open up a solution?

Well than I guess I'll order one asap. Wanna tell me how to use core temp. I have it all set up and it shows me this.

Attachments

• CoreTemp-Scr.png
    CoreTemp-Scr.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Try updating the firmware for the optical drive. That sometimes does the trick.

Back
Top Bottom