Buying from craigslist , help :)

Is there anyway to test that it's dead beyond what's been happening with me?

Would a external disc drive be worth getting or should I just stick to an onboard one? I'm assuming on board is better.

What is this second thing on my list in the first picture?

and does anything need to go on these pins in the second picture?

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 5
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
okay, but I don't have the disc for anything in the computer. The gpu, windows, anything. So I kinda can't..

Last edited:
Well it's pointless to buy a new one if you aren't sure if the one you currently have works or not. That's why I said to try it in another PC to see if it works. If the disc drive works in another PC, then I'm not sure what else to tell you how to fix it on your own PC because there is no telling what the guy did.

okay, I have no other pc to try it in. So thank you. I am just screwed I guess
Didn't you get your gf a PC? Or gave her one, or something like that?

If you put another drive in the computer it could give you the same problems, and also if you buy a USB drive same thing. If it's software causing an issue the only way to get around it is format, or start uninstalling everything that could possibly mess with the drive function. If you really want to know for sure hit up a local PC place like Fry's or MC and get one. If it doesn't work, return it and try to figure out what's wrong with the one you have. If it does work, the drive that came with the PC was bad.

I was going to, but I haven't yet. She wanted me to get that monitor first. She's just got a laptop for now.

I live 25 miles from the nearest computer store, so I guess I am just gonna have to wait on this. I hate my luck this is so ****ty.

Is there anyway a faulty ide cable would cause this? I am not trying to sound rude, I am just aggrivated sorry. Wouldn't an external disc drive work because it doesn't have to be plugged in to the same spot on my board that may be faulty?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom