First building tips.

cad411

Baseband Member
I will be building my first tower soon and I would like some tips on my build. I want something that will last a while and I will be able to play games on it. I know I have to go heavy on the motherboard because you want a good one so if you upgrade anything it will be able to handle it. I know that the graphics card is a low priority until I want to upgrade (then if I do I can buy a good graphics card.) I would like some tips (if you have any) about building my first computer. I am looking at a cheap-ish build that will last decently long, I can play games on it at decent frame rates, and I can upgrade it if I want to. Also, if you have a build of your own you would like to share please do. Ty :)

That's backwards. If you want to game you want the most money in your GPU for the best FPS, and you want a quality PSU so IT lasts multiple builds.

Need a budget for this build and what games you want to play.

I'm looking at a range of 700 to a MAX of 950 (if necessary). I want to be able to play bf4, chivalry, and maybe diablo 4 whenever it comes out (I hope). It really doesn't matter what game I play. Most games these days have high levels of graphics and demand a lot of power to play. So something that can get me around the gaming community.

If I can't get anything that is able to play games decently then I give up because after that point it would be too expensive.

If I can't get anything that is able to play games decently then I give up because after that point it would be too expensive.
950 will build a respectable rig. Sorry for not replying with a build, as I'm usually on it within minutes. I'm just concentrating on the police scanners in Boston for info on the attack.

Ok take your time. FYI I really don't have any money saved up towards this build as of now :p. I am looking to get numbers before I start. So take your time.

Ok take your time. FYI I really don't have any money saved up towards this build as of now :p. I am looking to get numbers before I start. So take your time.
Well since that's the case, make another thread when you do have the money. Prices and availability change constantly. To confirm 950 will make a good gaming rig.

What do you think about buying in steps? For example, every pay check or so I buy a different part for the build until I have every part.

Back
Top Bottom