Which GPU?

Only a couple problems with that build.

1. I need the ability to have multiple GPUs.
2. I need to be able to have at least 4 RAM slots.
3. I need PCIe Slots.
4. I need PCI slots.
5. I need more than just 4 SATA connections.
6. I need a lot more USB ports.
7. I later on wanted to go to a Octo-core CPU.

Sorry if it's a long list.

You're gonna save up for an 8 core Xeon? FX CPUs aren't 8 cores, they are 4 modules and 8 threads. You can later on go to a 3770k which is faster.

Couple stages up for 74 bucks gives you 2 PCI-E full sized slots, a 1x slot, and a few PCI, 4 DIMM slots, and 6 SATA. No SLI/Crossfire support, but better to have a faster single card anyways. A 750w PSU won't do SLI 480s anyways, especially not with any AMD CPU.

Edit: It'll do Crossfire, but the second card will be limited to the 4x slot.

Sucks for them. Quite confusing with you talking about your 7770 and a 480 that you already own going to a different rig that somebody else is buying.

I know. The person bought it for me as a present. I already own both the 7770 and the 480 I just don't know which I want to put into the new rig.

Ohhh, well then that kinda sucks for you. Just put the 480 in the FX rig, then I would sell the dual Xeon setup (Workstations can go for a lot of money still) and snag a Haswell setup when they come out in June.

The architecture that succeeds Ivy Bridge. 4570k and a Z87 board should be about the same price as IB, maybe slightly inflated. 10% gain over IB and less power usage. Talking 55w CPUs vs the almost 200 that 6100 is going to suck.

Back
Top Bottom