PC wont fully boot

Bartek24

Baseband Member
Hello, I have recently installed a new nvidia gpu successfully. I downloaded all the drivers and everything was working fine.
However, after my 4th or 5th reboot the computer will just load the normal motherboard screen and straight after a black screen appears for about 4 seconds then the whole process starts again.
Thanks.

Have you tried anything to fix it/ narrow down what might be wrong?

My first guess is an issue with RAM, since it can be very finicky when someone gets inside their computer and changes things around a bit.

Another equally likely issue is one or more of the drivers you downloaded may be bad. If you kept your old graphics card, you could swap it and see if it boots up normally.

I tried taking the graphics card out already. I checked my ram too and its in fine. I think it might be something to do with some CMOS or BIOS thing?

I did remove the graphics card so theres less load and same thing happens. I think its something to do with the motherboard. I tried taking the BIOS battery out and resetting the CMOS but nothing happened.

Could it be that the battery needs to be replaced?

I doubt it as the BIOS will default to the ROM and still boot. I think you must've bumped something so pull and reseat the ram and the cables.

I had put in a recovery disk and it managed to fix it (yay) it is still a little bit unstable though

Just found out it was a problem with microsoft because of security update 2823324.

Back
Top Bottom