Buying from craigslist , help :)

yeah, sure does seem nice to have there. I ordered that monitor and first wireless adapter you showed me. I also got a 2 year warranty on the monitor for an extra 16 bucks. I kinda spent more than I wanted to and I'll be broke for awhile now, but I guess I am done. I have a complete set up. That stuff will arrive on the 17th. I am excited :)

Is there any programs you recommend I download? I can transfer them with a usb until I get wireless adapter. I downloaded core temp and other one you said but I don't know how to use them and one has to be registered online.

So I'm already having problems and I'm stressing. First the hard drive isn't screwed in. What the heck? So can I use any tiny screws for that or do they have to be specific?

And second problem is disc drive wasn't opening. I opened case and noticed power was t plugged in. I plugged it and turned compute on and it installed drivers and such normally but I put in a disc and nothing shows up. Light on front blinks twice than nothing.

I also need a longer sata cable because the one he's using for Hdd is so short that the Hdd has to be like slammed against the wall if the case to reach it barely. Just damnit

Last edited by a moderator:
They make specific screws to screw in cards and HDDs. If it doesn't move around then it doesn't need to be screwed in.

Is the SATA or IDE cable plugged in, and is it recognized in the bios and Windows?

It's ide and I can go to computer, click dvd rw drive (g) and it opens and says insert disc.

Idk how to check bios to see if its there

A good rule of thumb is to unplug and replug all wired connections if a computer is shipped or moved from one location to another (house to house). I have encountered way too many instances of these things.

well i unplugged the disc drive from the board completely and plugged it back it. still not reading any discs. Acts like it's going to and than nothing. How can I test to see if it's working or how can I make it work? this is so aggrivating

edit: trying to uninstall drivers and restarted.

edit: still nothing

edit: I am all out of ideas at this point. Cause the power obviously works because it'll open from clicking it, it's connected to the board properly because I can open it by clicking on it with my mouse, I really don't know what is up.

I put disc in and the light on front flickers, I put my hand against it and it kinda feels like it's starting to do something but than a mere 5-10 seconds later the light stops, and there is no motion or sound coming for the drive and it doesn't show any disc inserted. On device on manager there is no yellow mark, it says it's running properly.

I am at my wits end...

Last edited:
I thought that but I tried mulitple discs to make sure and everyone of those work on my laptop so I know it's not the discs. Should I make a video of everything and upload it here ?

Should I maybe buy a DVD cleaner?...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom