Building a Computer

xMalcom

In Runtime
So I'm building an AMD Based computer yes i know they're not good performance wise but it's cheap and so am i lol. but that's not the point I'm looking to Buy Window's 7 but don't know if i should Buy OEM or just go to best buy and pick up a copy

Buy OEM. It's usually cheaper. OEM copies are tied to the motherboard. All other components are able to be changed.

Yes, and no... This has happened to me 3 times over the years, and when I call MS once I have a new mobo, I let them know the situation, and they "reset" my code to activate on the new board. I just tell them that my last motherboard died, and I upgraded to a new one...

I have W7 OEM and I changed my motherboard and Microsoft activated it so I guess it's up to them.

In any case, a call to MS probably will let you activate it if you explained that you replaced the board.

Haven't you given a budget a couple of times and I still made an acceptable Intel setup with it? I don't really see the point or want of constantly wanting an AMD chip. The cheapest decent chip they sell is the P2 965 which is 100 bucks on Newegg. An i3 is 129.

Back
Top Bottom