Which GPU?

xerolen

In Runtime
No, gaming doesn't make use of Cudas, at least not in a way that makes nVidia better than AMD.
OP, GTX 480 is better by a good margin but it consumes a lot of power and runs hot. If you have a PSU enough for it, use it. What's your PSU?

The better performance will be out of the 480 but it's a 300w card stock and you'll need good airflow in your case so it doesn't overheat and melt the solder balls.

I have a 750 Watt PSU so I'm pretty sure I'm all set. Thank you for your help.

Actually this isn't for my Xeon Unit. Getting this in a few weeks. But I also am getting this as well to upgrade from the standard 500 watt.

I'm not the one paying for either and which I get isn't up to me. Just saying this is what I have to work with so which GPU do you think would complement the other parts better for gaming?

Tell them they can get better performance and parts for the money. That includes the same case which comes with a free pair of crappy Skullcandy headphones if you order outside of the bundle.

Depends on the budget. The Bulldozer chips are crap for gaming, which is why I brought it up.

Back
Top Bottom