Need Help For First Time Builder

Is the 660 Ti better? It's definitely a bit cheaper, but aside from that, is it statistically better?

It used to be more expensive until Nvidia dropped the price. They more or less trade blows and each one has a clear advantage in one or two games a piece. (Skyrim AMD, BF3 Nvidia)
AMD cards introduce frame latency which can cause a choppy game appearance despite high FPS. If you Google 7950 frame latency tech report has a full article about it, and an updated article comparing the performance of older 12 drives and newer 13 beta drivers.
Also, Nvidia drivers are superior in stability.

I reccomend Windows 7 Pro instead of Home Premium. Might help as Pro offers some more features which you might find useful.

I'd suggest spending a bit more and going for the Extreme4 instead. IIRC, it has better VRM's which means better overclocking with more stability.

I'd suggest spending a bit more and going for the Extreme4 instead. IIRC, it has better VRM's which means better overclocking with more stability.
VRMs are sufficient for OCs on decent cooling. He would need a high end water loop or DICE to cap the VRMs on that board.

Also, the difference is only +1 between the two. Not much to run home on.

Back
Top Bottom