Random BSODs and Not Finding MBR

Riznarf

In Runtime
Hey all-

I just did a clean install of Windows 7. I have 2 HDDs in my rig, one SSD for the OS and a second for my other files. I installed Windows fine, but now I'm getting random BSODs. I then restart after the BSOD and the system says it can't find the MBR for whatever reason. I THINK what may be happening, for whatever reason, is that the motherboard is not recognizing the SSD for this or that reason...the question is why.

Any help would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Riznarf

Note: I am overclocking, but its very modest, 4.4ghz on a 2500k @ 1.4v, never had any instability or BSODs before I reinstalled Windows. Thanks!

The STOP code that the BSOD shows will help us figure out what the problem is. Post that and we can go from there.

Hey all-

I just did a clean install of Windows 7. I have 2 HDDs in my rig, one SSD for the OS and a second for my other files. I installed Windows fine, but now I'm getting random BSODs. I then restart after the BSOD and the system says it can't find the MBR for whatever reason. I THINK what may be happening, for whatever reason, is that the motherboard is not recognizing the SSD for this or that reason...the question is why.

Any help would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Riznarf

Note: I am overclocking, but its very modest, 4.4ghz on a 2500k @ 1.4v, never had any instability or BSODs before I reinstalled Windows. Thanks!

Downclock your cpu to 3.4ghz to reduce some heat, also get that bsod error carne asked for.

Hey all-

Thanks for the responses, here's a picture of the BSOD.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 4
So I looked a bit more in to it and found the following.

When reinstalling Windows I was getting an error code when I tried to install to a partition on my drive. I read up on it and everyone said to unplug your additional HDD, which I did and it worked. I tried reinstalling Windows again from a DVD (first time was from a USB) with both drives plugged in and I didn't have any problems. Yet, I'm still getting BSODs.

Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom