Problem, please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

etwolfe7

Beta member
I built my first computer about two months ago, everything was running fine until about a few weks ago. Everytime I'm on the internet, the computer wants to randomly restart, and sometimes it acts like it is shutting down. Not having any idea what would cause this, I sent the motherboard back to newegg and I recieved the replacement the day before thanksgiving. I put it in and even re-installed the operating system (XP Pro). This is frusterating the hell out of me, any help is greatly appreciated.

Motherboard: Asus
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2200
Memory: Crucial 512mb
Hard Drive: Western Digital 80GB

Thank You!!

etwolfe7,

Do you get shutdown messages like these ?

sasser2.gif

Then your system is infected by the sasser worms.check this link for a repair http://www.pchell.com/virus/sasser.shtml

No, actually, I don't get any error meeeages, it just totally restarts without warning. I'm stumped

One more thing. Sometimes when it completely restarts, it tells me that the system has recovered from a serious problem, and it wants me to send a report to microsoft.

my cpu temp is 125 deg. farenheit. Forgive me for asking such a stupid question, but what is the best way to see if my RAM is working properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom