New mid-high end pc?

Nah that i5 is more than plenty, considering his current SB i3 is good enough.

Those damn PCs just suck though. Like seriously, 12GB of RAM? Make that 8GB and 1600.

The 660 is good for gaming. If he is willing to go for the 870 price tag then that is the best bet.

I take it your living in the US? You can see how much some things suck here lol. You have Newegg which is really lucky i dont think they deliver to the UK :-/.

True, but Newegg doesn't build the pre-builts. They carry an array of pre-built PCs but their cheapest is I think the Cyberpower line which also blows. All pre-built machines cater to the people looking at flashy things like quad core and large amounts of "memory". People see 12GB and disregard that it's slow RAM. People see gaming computer in the title and assume a GT630 will play Crysis 3.

I agree. Thats why if im ever going to buy a new system I will build it myself. Which might not happen in a while if I stick to console gaming.

With PC hardware being so much better than the consoles right now it makes it easy to build a cheap rig. An i3 3220 (or Pentium 2020 if you want to go cheap) and something like a 650ti Boost or 7850 will play all games with decent settings.

You could upgrade on your system piece by piece or two like I did on mine. I started on a cheap but decent build and upgraded part by parts while taking advantage of sale prices on good parts at Newegg.

When I got a video card I got a better made PSU with it to up the wattage. I went from a $200 system to a $600 (my cost) system in 4 months. That's because of my finances and only can spend so much each month (while eating cheap LOL.)

Actually you're better off building your own than buying a ready made because they're out for profits and use cheap parts like the PSU. The PSU is the most critical part of the system, it can run your system for years or it can destroy it.

Your call mate. :)

£28 a month isnt bad ! tempted to buy this machine... will this play games at higher graphic settings e.g. GW2 and some upcoming MMORPG's im planning on getting?

Back
Top Bottom