USB Keyboard not typing

zendao

Beta member
So I decided to clean my usb keyboard so I opened it with some screw drivers, little did I kow the re-assembly would be so difficut. There where these little plastic pieces for each key but they where loosly placed on some plastic sheets. I did my best at placing everything and pluged it in.

It won't type now. First time it wasn't typing but then I did something, and it typed again but a couple keys where not, so I reopened, placed and tried again. Now it's not typing at all. I'm on the on-screen kb and when I press num lock and caps lock the little green lights do turn on the usb keyboard.

I've tried uninstallng and reinstalling the drivers many times but it doesnt work. Also, for some reason, 2 HID KB devices appear, and it keeps installing one of them when scanning for plug n play devices, even when it's not plugged in.

So help please, thanks!

Its corrupted now. Better purchase a new one. Never open the keyboard to its last level(separating the plastic sheets), it damages your keyboard for life.

Its corrupted now. Better purchase a new one. Never open the keyboard to its last level(separating the plastic sheets), it damages your keyboard for life.

Ok so never open a keyboard, lol :S However, I'm still puzzled as to why it stopped working. I mean, the parts inside seem very simple and I put the sheets back to where they where. What's the problem with separating the sheets? why is the damage so bad? They are still aligned cause they have a glued center so they are still sort of perfectly aligned with each other... It's difficult to think that they put them together in such a way that they can't be re-assembled back again?

Thanks anyway!

Putting it in the dishwasher might have been better for you
I once attempted to use acetone to clean sticky stuff from between the keys on a laptop....Do Not Do That!!....LOL

Consider purchasing a new kb

Back
Top Bottom