Phenom II 965 OC 4.2

Yea I figured it would. My guess would have been jump straight up to 78c actually.

Technically the 965 can handle a bit warmer but for any CPU my rule of thumb is 75 unless you got a backup. Those volts at those temps for long periods of time can cause some serious degradation and power dependence.

Dropped my multiplier down to 20 and voltage back down to 1.36. At 4GHz running prime95. So far it hasn't gone past 51c.

Speaking about gaming, im going to thread Jack my own thread... im running a 5770, I can only hit about 915MHz before the card crashes. The temps are only hitting 63c when this happens. Any thoughts?

Needs more volts. I had to bios mod mine to hit over 1000 sadly.

Just dl`d afterburner. I figured it had something to do with voltage. Running some tests on it currently at 1.27v ive been able to max my core clock now without it failing.

Yea they run rather cool for being 5000 series. I probably shouldn't say this, but for any card I have I max the voltage straight off the bat. I then just raise that core until it can't anymore. I was so disappointed I couldn't do 1Ghz that I just modded the bios to up the voltage limit. Then it started getting hot.

The max voltage afterburner will allow is 1.35v maybe I should dip into my BIOS... or do you think I wouldn't hit 1GHz with this GPU... I mean, its not even getting hot with the Kombustor test.... like 51c max on the GPU so far.

Back
Top Bottom