OVERCLOCKING!!!- Software... (help :-( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the main concern is being able to lock the AGP bus at 66MHz which auto locks the PCI at 33, this is important. Otherwise, if you got PC3200 RAM then you only have to worry about OC'ing the RAM once you hit 200FSB, other than that, your best option to OC is to simply raise the multiplier by the smallest increment and up the Vcore when instability is noticed. By raising the multiplier you can OC your CPU and this doesn't effect AGP, or RAM, it's only when you start adjusting the FSB past whatever your RAMs speed is and if you don't have the ability to lock the AGP can you not raise the FSB cause then you'll start frying stuff.

Thanls Shumway!!!! I love that program! That should be a sticky!!! MODS?!
It wouldn't be a sticky, it'd probably just be under downloads section if someone were to put it there. Mods really have few powers, just closing, editing, deleting threads and posts etc..., it's the SMods who can ban, add stuff to the downloads section and things like that, and I believe Larry is the only admin.

Iam a complete noob in overclocking...thou i have read some stuff about overclocking [changing multipliers...etc] ..is this program enuf to overclock my processor or still i have to mod my case for extra fans? . I find my mobo listed in that site....
Well windows based OC'ing isn't the best, but if it's the only way you can safely OC then I guess that's your only option. Like I said above though if there is no option to lock the AGP bus at 66MHz then dont' raise your FSB otherwise you could potentially damage AGP and PCI components and your RAM unless your CPU's FSB is lower than your RAM

Nubius,
Well windows based OC'ing isn't the best, but if it's the only way you can safely OC then I guess that's your only option.
ther than that, your best option to OC is to simply raise the multiplier by the smallest increment and up the Vcore when instability is noticed.

In both these cases, should I take care of the temperatures and use extra fans ..blah blah...or its okay to overclock by these two methods and getting away with it without any changes to my case.

And I have heard my friend say about, removing processor,closing some bridges using pencil [ or something similar to that :confused: ] and overclock like that....dont you guys do like that..everyone seems to just change the multiplier settings to get Oc'd

computer_wizz said:
what does clockgen do?

" A ClockGen software allow to dynamically overclock several devices of your system : CPU, memory, AGP and PCI bus." - Cpuid website

Basically, just to overclock. Overclocking in windows can be less stressful since Windows is already loaded, programs are already cached, and it's already running in it's working environment. I use clockgen to get 241*11 stable, but it's kinda pointless as it's just 1fsb more.

And I have heard my friend say about, removing processor,closing some bridges using pencil [ or something similar to that ] and overclock like that....dont you guys do like that..everyone seems to just change the multiplier settings to get Oc'd
Nah, that's not to OC, that's like unlocking multipliers on older chips that needed it, but you don't use a pencil TO OVERCLOCK no. OC'ing is all in the BIOS unless like we've discussed you can't and have to use winbased...

In both these cases, should I take care of the temperatures and use extra fans ..blah blah...or its okay to overclock by these two methods and getting away with it without any changes to my case.
With overclocking period you need good cooling...simple as that, so if you plan on overclocking plan on getting better cooling although yeah you'll be able to go a little ways with what you got, but I do mean little compared to if you really put forth effort towards cooling you'd of course get a bigger OC

Nubius,

Thanks nubius. Ill read a lot more articles before my first try. I really need to try my hands on overclocking. I dont want to be deprived in any field. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom