Computers for college students

Personally I have a 3TB drive that was around $200... I think a 500GB USB HDD will probably suffice though, but don't be surprised if you have to pick another one up some time.

Note: I'm not a college student but I backup the data I really need on flash drives, lol.

So should I get a 1 tb now or just stick with a smaller 500 gb? To backup my files and computer

Personally I have a 3TB drive that was around $200... I think a 500GB USB HDD will probably suffice though, but don't be surprised if you have to pick another one up some time.

Note: I'm not a college student but I backup the data I really need on flash drives, lol.

So should I get a 1 tb now or just stick with a smaller 500 gb? To backup my files and computer

This is why Puddle and I suggested Dropbox for school files snd such. An external is a good idea for bscking up your other, larger files though (such as movies or music).

Do u pay for your dropbox because with mine its only like 2 gb?

I am not sure about the dropbox question, but I have had a 4GB usb drive from when i first started college and was taking my early programming classes (mostly did C# and C++) along with a lot of other papers from general classes.

The files I have saved range from word documents with code pasted onto them to visual studio projects/assignments I had.

That drive is still only half full with 2 years of early programming classes. I only recently (4 months back) got a 16 GB flash drive to use for my more game design heavy classes, and that thing is now half full with only 1 class. This includes Texture Packs, scripts, code, game levels, models, UV Maps, flash files... so it's huge. I will probably get an external HD for myself in the future.

So, I want to believe 2 GB would suffice if you only back up necessary school work and such. 2 GB doesn't seem like much, but it has lasted me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom