eSata

eSATA is simply an external SATA hard drive. The eSATA connection connects the hard drive to the computer like USB does. And no, you cannot use a normal SATA cable. eSATA cables and SATA cables are different. A SATA cable will not fit into an eSATA port in the same way an eSATA cable will not fit into a SATA port.

eSATA is an external SATA port, not a hard drive. It simply makes a SATA port, such as you have on your motherboard, available externally so a SATA device (such as an HDD) can be attached. There is no such thing as an eSATA cable, the same cable that plugs into the motherboard SATA port will plug into an eSATA port.

eSATA is an external SATA port, not a hard drive. It simply makes a SATA port, such as you have on your motherboard, available externally so a SATA device (such as an HDD) can be attached. There is no such thing as an eSATA cable, the same cable that plugs into the motherboard SATA port will plug into an eSATA port.

Erm, no.. There is a different between eSATA and SATA cables.

CAB-SATA-EXT-SATA1-ESATA-1m-BN-OE-image1.jpg

SATA has the L-shaped connector. eSATA does not have this, and looks more like a USB end with hooks to keep it connected.

They will not work interchangeably, as J-Pr0 stated already.

You guys are right, sorry about that. I haven't used eSata in such a long time I forgot the cable. Hmmm... I wonder what I did with my eSata cables then?

Back
Top Bottom