Buying from craigslist , help :)

A Phenom 2 555 is a Phenom 2 955 with 2 locked cores from the factory. You use a thing called ACC in the motherboard bios to unlock the locked cores. The problem is, it's a 50/50 gamble whether the extra 2 were locked for stock or locked because they weren't completely stable. You could start to have BSOD issues with nothing wrong simply from taxing the 2 unlocked cores too hard and they become unstable. It's a risk you take from using an unlocked CPU. When you buy it, you can turn off ACC if you want.

Alright, *incoming noob question storm* if i turn it off will it be a 3.0 or 3.2? how much of a different impact will it have? and When I get it i don't wanna worry about it ever being unstable so I'll need help turning it back to normal.

Alright so my obvious next question is hard how will it be for me to reset it to normal? Cause I can handle it's default dual core. Truthfully that's enough for me and if I need I can buy an actually quad core.

Oh and after I buy the computer I am gonna buy heatsink when I buy keyboard and mouse, I'll buy monitor last and use my tv until than. I hope that case has a removeable back so I don't have to take the whole motherboard out

Oh and I watched a video on youtube of that heatsink, a guy bought a fan to put on the opposite side of it so one sucked air and the other ejected it. My question about that is do you have to set that up in bios also, or do you buy a fan thats set to suck. I know you wanna say noob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so my obvious next question is hard how will it be for me to reset it to normal? Cause I can handle it's default dual core. Truthfully that's enough for me and if I need I can buy an actually quad core.
It's easy. Going to be one thing to change in the bios and that's it. Honestly, just prime95 and coretemp test it first to see how it fairs.

Oh and after I buy the computer I am gonna buy heatsink when I buy keyboard and mouse, I'll buy monitor last and use my tv until than. I hope that case has a removeable back so I don't have to take the whole motherboard out
I hope your TV is 1080p and not bigger than 32".

Oh and I watched a video on youtube of that heatsink, a guy bought a fan to put on the opposite side of it so one sucked air and the other ejected it. My question about that is do you have to set that up in bios also, or do you buy a fan thats set to suck. I know you wanna say noob.
You don't need to add another fan to the Hyper 212. It alone will be enough to keep the CPU quite cool without OC.
Adding another fan is nothing but physical. The bios can only be set to control how fast it spins. The direct the fan blows is dependent on how you mount it.

Okay well that's good to hear, and my tv is 20 in 1080i is that not good?

also i will test it first

Last edited by a moderator:
I will do that from now on, force of habit, sorry. And I believe it's led sadly. Ill have to check when I get back home. I bought the tv From a friend awhile back.

Would this one be worth looking in to and getting info on instead? Because it comes with a screen?

Desktop Computer

Also since you know the CPU is different than you thought is it worth investing in a new one?

Back
Top Bottom