Can an AMD A4-3400 CPU be used to play games such as BF3, Crysis, etc.?

Mike, thanks for the info. PPM has accurately informed me that the 8350 is NOT a true 8 core, and I believe him.

Yes, I am blessed to be able to have two rigs all the time. For the last few years, I have always, without fail, built one AMD and one Intel and I have been totally happy with each build. Each rig has been 100% free after selling significant numbers of components on Ebay. I have not paid a penny to build a rig in the last 8 years...I simply take from my excess inventory.

Now that AMD has fallen so far behind Intel, this is the very first time I have two Intel's and no AMD's. I like the AMD FX 8350 because it is a true work horse, but this is what I do not like about it:

Around 30% higher typical power consumption [compared to Intel's i5-2500k]
Heating issues on motherboards...esp. the NB chip

Regarding the low end computers, I do not dare use Paypal on CL...that is the biggest scam ever.

I'll simply finish up by building and selling about 15 more mid range computers in the next few weeks, then close up shop. I just finished building 4 computers in the last couple of weeks. I am now building more than ever, and I am getting burned out on it. What began as a hobby turned into a company, and now it is time to move on.

I am not interested in financing low income people for low end computers. Financially desperate people can, at times, do desperate things...so I no longer feel safe selling to low income people.

Have a good one!

Up, up and away into some new and exciting adventures!

Soar

You don't have to believe me, it's the absolute truth and every place that explains the module system shows this, including their wiki. I just simplified it so people could understand it.

TPU is techpowerup. Another PC forum like this one.

Yea, I know it's my location, but I'm not the only person in the US that has this issue. I have other online friends with the same problem up north and on the east coast. It sucks, but it's probably for the better because in 08/09 I was a trading/selling fool. I would have a different PC every 3 months. The only parts that stayed the same for years was my first gen SSD and Thermaltake PSU.

Well, I don't see what the deal is about having a "good" rig sitting as a backup. You have a 3570, and have the 2500k AND 8350 just sitting there ;)
My i5 750 isn't as powerful, but it has a 1Kw PSU and 16GB of RAM sitting as a backup with an H50, couple of Scythe fans, and 250GB WD Scorpio Black. For some time I did have a 2500k and board sitting in my closet but I eventually traded that off (it's a curse).

I believe you PPM. I have seen the same info in other posts and blogs.

Thanks for the tip on TPU. I will look at their site now too, instead of always coming here.

BTW, which site is the better site? What are the pros and cons on each site?

My problem with the "good" rig sitting in the corner and never being used is this: it loses value every day! LOL!

Well, there may be another option...and this option includes saving money by keeping the electric bill much lower than the AMD X 8350!

Tiger Direct has the Intel Core i3 3220 3.3GHz LGA 1155 Dual Core Processor on sale for $99.99 and I receive free shipping with VIP inner circle membership.

Any comments on this 3220?

Soar

TPU guys are dicks. Just saying. If you have an opinion that is against theirs you get flamed like they are little 12 year olds. That site is just good for BST because there are a ton more enthusiasts that have been in the game there than here.

Getting an i3 for 100 bucks would be paying more for another CPU than you would get in savings for a year on the electric bill while using the 8350. Then again, simply using the 2500k would be better than both options. Rather similar power figures as the i3, not spending more money to save money, sell the 8350 while it's still top dog for AMD.

Back
Top Bottom