windows 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and have you noticed the prices of hard drives now? you can get 80 gig for $130 and a year ago when we got our 40 gig HD it was $155 (by the way that's Aussie dollars)

why would i use an 80 gig HD and 52x cd-rom for a jurassic OS like windows 3.11? thanks anyway. my 486 worked fine with just the floppy drive and the 220mb hd.

Micro,
what word and excel version should i use with this OS? i reformatted the puny drive two days ago and i totally forgot to take note of the word and excel version i used.
i presume i have to get the word and excel installation files, right?

devlish96 said:
why would i use an 80 gig HD and 52x cd-rom for a jurassic OS like windows 3.11? thanks anyway. my 486 worked fine with just the floppy drive and the 220mb hd.
i didn't necessarily say you had to get a 52x drive or an 80 gig HDD, i was just saying whatever RPM HDD you have there is usually a CD speed that matches, just using them for an example, and saying how low prices have gotten nowadays

I haven't seen a 20 gig drive on sale for a while (retail) but you could probbably get something like 5-10 gig for a really low price nowadays, but only second hand, maybe $10-20

I just got my 386 out of storage. It was a 1400 modem with 1/2 meg of ram. I'm gonna try to make work again for old times sake.

Ha ha. I havent used a 486 since, well, Yesterday ;)

My MacQuadra 605 has a 486 @ 25 mhz and almost 16 megs of ram. The HD has only got about 38 megs left on it. ;) And the external CD ROM is also a 4X!

Also, I've had it for almost 8 years and it has gone through Mac OS versions 6 through 8.6. I use it every day as my ultimate gaming machine!:D

16 bit graphics RULE!!! PUZZLE FOREVER!!!

;)

you think a 486 is old, we've got a really old mac, and i mean really old. it ran on 3.5" floppy disks, had a 12 inch black & white screen and a 128 kb hard drive. probbably 25 years old now

It probbably only had Mac OS version 1 (permanently inbuilt)

The biggest game (and the only one) we had for it was "Airborne" you start off with a tiny stick figure in the bottom left corner and try to shoot down little helicopters that drop infantry on parachutes. if 10 get onto the ground they run up and throw a grenade at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom