HP nc6000/Can't connect

MalignantBC

Baseband Member
I have a laptop that I cannot get to connect to the internet. Wireless card does't work at all so I never use it. I plug in via ethernet cord and it has worked before. The computer says its connected to internet but firefox says that it can't connect. :worked_till_5am:

Check your IP settings under your network connections for IPv4. Also check in Internet Options in Control Panel to see if you have a proxy checked under Connections tab > LAN settings.

UPDATE: I brought it to work and plugged it into my internet here. Its works fine. Could it be my network from home? I have my xbox plugged in via ethernet. It works fine. So I took the cord out of it and used that for my laptop but didnt work? I have windows xp professional if that helps at all.

Like I said,check your IPv4 settings. It could be that the IP is set to a static IP for your work.

Dear Friends,

Once me too had same problem.
The reason was that my AnitiVirus program blocked it. I resolved it from that point.

well it's not my antivirus. I don't have one on the computer as of this moment. but thanks.​

Glad to know that's all it was.

I encounter that a lot surprisingly.. usually ends up being one of the first things I check for now.

Back
Top Bottom