TF app and tab

ATT 8.9 957.

So as it turns out, the box said ICS but I checked and it was 3.2 Honeyderp. So after fighting and giving up with Kies I searched for a while and found the official ATT ICS update and put it on myself. It works now. Not only that, it's like 10x faster. ICS is so awesome.

Problem resolved I guess.

Good to hear, my Xyboard was like a whole new device after getting the ICS update too.

Every single time I go with a custom ROM the GPS gets messed up. It takes too long for my Atrix and GS2 to find GPS signal. GS2 has Shostock2 ICS and Atrix has CM9. I thought it was a data thing, but this tab doesn't have data anymore since it's not being paid for and instantly picks up GPS signal in my house with the carrier ROM.

Every single time I go with a custom ROM the GPS gets messed up. It takes too long for my Atrix and GS2 to find GPS signal. GS2 has Shostock2 ICS and Atrix has CM9. I thought it was a data thing, but this tab doesn't have data anymore since it's not being paid for and instantly picks up GPS signal in my house with the carrier ROM.

Never had an issue with GPS lock and custom ROMs (stock-based as well as AOSP) on any of my phones, or my Nexus 7. Try a different Kernel; sometimes seems to fix GPS lock issues.

Have done that before, and people told me to try different modems, which I've done as well. On the GS2 specifically it is a wide issue as people on XDA were complaining. The carrier ICS is quite fine on the tab so I'll just keep it that way. Not much in JB that will change my mind on that either.

Have done that before, and people told me to try different modems, which I've done as well. On the GS2 specifically it is a wide issue as people on XDA were complaining. The carrier ICS is quite fine on the tab so I'll just keep it that way. Not much in JB that will change my mind on that either.

It's a bit smoother than ICS because of Project Butter that was implemented in JB. That's the biggest plus, IMO.

Well ICS is rather smooth on both. Like I said, not much really to make me go through the hassle. ICS was a world of difference between all the devices mentioned. Just enough to not make me want to throw them against the wall.

Back
Top Bottom