Computers for college students

tbonnesen

Baseband Member
I want to get a degree in computer engineering and was wondering what computer I should get for college?

Depends on what the requirements for your major entail... Are you going to be programming? Doing CAD work? What exactly does your major recommend?

Like I said, mainly depends on what your major's department recommends.

Also depends on your budget, and what YOU are wanting to do with it, besides homework and such.

I am assuming more programming work and budget is around 1,000

Well what are the courses that you'll have to be taking? Different universities have different sets of classes for majors, and depends on what your universities definition of "Computer Engineering" is. Could be more hardware based rather than software (programming) based.

Never mentioned what you would be wanting to do as far as personal use, either.

What would it differ if it was more hardware based program than software? And mainly for rooting my phone, homework, surfing web, and watching movies. Thank you for helping. I am starting at a community college and then after two years transfer to Missouri S &T or University Missouri Kansas City.

I have a note 2 and nexus 7

Here's a mix I did, posted on SoundCloud...

Can't embed it here...

Korrup7 Mix #1

Enjoy! :D
I worked really hard on this mix, and messed up a ton in it, so feedback is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would it differ if it was more hardware based program than software? And mainly for rooting my phone, homework, surfing web, and watching movies. Thank you for helping. I am starting at a community college and then after two years transfer to Missouri S &T or University Missouri Kansas City.

Think he was meaning maybe like are you going to be programming with just software like creating programs to do specific things and such. Two examples I can think of are window applications or computer graphics, both are a bit different.

I would imagine the hardware side can be robotics and such maybe? I am not too sure as far as hardware wise goes.

also, knowing what the computer is going to be used both study and entertainment wise helps to ensure that they give you recommendations that will best suit your needs (which you answered)

Also, good luck in your studies ^_^

Last edited:
I was told this computer would be able to handle any of the classes that I would take as a computer engineer. Would you guys agree?

ForumRunner_20130406_083050.jpg

that's a laptop that you are looking at, and that changes what you can get for your money.
so are you wanting a laptop or a desktop
if you want a laptop what size would you prefer 15", 17" etc.
Do you need it for gaming

Back
Top Bottom