CCleaner

luke127

The Ghost
Hi guys. Well considering I have used a fair bit if cleaning softwares before I figured I might give the good ol' CCleaner here a review. If you want it google CCleaner.

My review:

Features: It has a registry cleaner, Advanced cleaning options such as wipe free space and deletion of custom files and folders, You can also get rid of program cache and other unimportant files.

Performance:
I have found CCleaner to do a better job than Windows inbuilt Disk Cleanup when it comes to cleaning my IE temp files. When disk cleanup said 0 CC said 103MB. Big Difference!

The registry cleaner is good because it doesn't go too deep but it does do a very good job of getting rid of old program shortcuts and Active/X issues. Shared DLL's and such.

Next on the list is the tools section. This has an area where you can uninstall programs, Wipe drive free space with random data OR Wipe the WHOLE drive securely it's up to you. You can also modify the start up services and disable and re-enable services depending on your needs.

Over all:

I would recommend this program to anyone that has a slow computer with a 50% or over filled drive. So anyone using more than 50% of their disk space should give this a go. Who knows all that space might be chewed up by temporary files and other unimportant files. You might want to give your registry a nice bath too! Nah kidding but still give the cleaner a go and see how much rubbish you find. I found 266 entries on my first scan. I then cleaned it and scanned again and found another 20. It's surprising how much junk can get into the registry.

Enjoy!
Luke.

Anything that says "registry cleaner" on it. I steer away. To dangerous and IMO not needed. Also how does it securely wipe your drive? It would need to delete and overwrite it several times for that to work.

Back
Top Bottom