What's the next logical upgrade?

BF3 uses more CPU power than WoW for sure and BF3 is fine. It's the lesser 2 games that are having the problem. Since BF3 runs fine, that was the #1 sign that his rig is completely fine.

Yeah i monitor all my temps. My cpu never passes 50~ even after hours of gaming bf3 or WoW. Also I put my GPU fan to 83 since it isn't too loud since it's the ASUS quiet model and I don't mind and so the GPU temp is never past 60~ after long hours of gaming. Maybe my hard drive possibly since it's just a regular 1.5 TB hard drive?

Also here is my PSU

Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,Modular Cable Design,ATX12V v2.3/ EPS12V,SLI Ready,CrossFire Ready,Active PFC"Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply

Yeah i monitor all my temps. My cpu never passes 50~ even after hours of gaming bf3 or WoW. Also I put my GPU fan to 83 since it isn't too loud since it's the ASUS quiet model and I don't mind and so the GPU temp is never past 60~ after long hours of gaming. Maybe my hard drive possibly since it's just a regular 1.5 TB hard drive?

Also here is my PSU

Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,Modular Cable Design,ATX12V v2.3/ EPS12V,SLI Ready,CrossFire Ready,Active PFC"Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply
Hard drives wont cause poor frame rates in games. Unless its like an 1982 8mb hard drive. Even green series hard drives (5400 RPM) is fine for games, the only impact you will see is slow loading times at game launch and between loading maps. Once ingame there isn't any reason for a hard drive to hold you back.

And your PSU is fine it has four +12v rails like I predicted, with the lowest amperature on a single rail being 20A. This means every +12v rail carries at least 240 watts at full capacity. Factor in the efficiency rating, and each +12v rail is guaranteed to contain 196 watts at all times. With your GTX 670 being the most power consuming piece of hardware in your machine, it only consumes 170 watts at full load. So your machine isn't being starved for power either.

The issue you're having is at a byte instruction level (software/drivers).

I have no idea what it is. I did a fresh install of windows, installed all the current drivers for motherboard and my video card. ANother thing I got SLI running with dual asus gtx 670's now and it made my average fps go from 70 fps in bioshock to 122 but wow is still at 25-30 fps in stormwind on ultra

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom