Forum posting problem

You're marked as having 40+ posts in the user groups. What section are you trying to post in? Off topic or B/S/T?

It was just what we did today. I was posting to just see if I had access and it denied me twice. I got off my computer for a bit and them came back and it did work so it prolly just takes a few mins.

It was just what we did today. I was posting to just see if I had access and it denied me twice. I got off my computer for a bit and them came back and it did work so it prolly just takes a few mins.

I was about to suggest trying logging out and back in. It sometimes takes the forum software a little bit to register the usergroup change.

what does B/S/T stand for??

oh right lol
buy/sell/trade, never mind

why isn't buy/sell/trade allowed though until reaching 100 posts??

Last edited by a moderator:
oh right lol
buy/sell/trade, never mind

why isn't buy/sell/trade allowed though until reaching 100 posts??

To prevent spam and brand new people from trying to sell / buy because they don't necessarily have a reputation, so we can't judge if they're out to scam our actually sell.

To prevent spam and brand new people from trying to sell / buy because they don't necessarily have a reputation, so we can't judge if they're out to scam our actually sell.

yeah but then people can intentionally help people so they build their reputation but the help might be fake
so then they can buy/sell/trade
and people can of course do it by PM too

so yeah then whats the point ?? just saying...

yeah but then people can intentionally help people so they build their reputation but the help might be fake
so then they can buy/sell/trade
and people can of course do it by PM too

so yeah then whats the point ?? just saying...

We require people to stick around a while before they are allowed the rights to post in BST. This way we can see they are at least somewhat of a dedicated member by sticking around at least that long.

They can build their reputation by posting in the forums and helping out that way.

Members aren't allowed to PM up until around 40 posts, I believe, so that combats some of that. But no, we can't really stop people from PM'ing offers and such before that 100 post mark.

I would be a little suspicious of a new member coming on here and instantly PMing me on a deal. It takes a little common sense too.

As would I unless they could provide some sort of verification; such as Heatware or eBay feedback.

Heck, that's what I do on [H]ardForum lol. I don't have any posts there, but I've bought several things through PM. Had an account since '09, but never posted.

Back
Top Bottom