Monitor will display 25x16 but thinks native is 1280x800

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok, so I think I have finally narrowed down why this card won't let me span screens. The monitor is being displayed at 2560x1600 but when you check the settings it shows the native as being 1280x800, and I think this is why the driver will not span. Has anyone ever run into anything like this, and/or have any idea how to fix it?

GTX 690 with nvidia 314.22 drivers
Dell 30" 3007wfphc monitor
Multiple dual-link dvi cables
displayport > dual link dvi adapter

This happens no matter which output I use on the card. I'm going to borrow my hp 30" monitor from work and see if the problem goes away when I take this monitor out of the equation.

You have three of the Dell monitors, correct? All three do the same thing?

Not span in games or just in the OS itself?
You can't span in game unless Surround is enabled via NVCP. It won't do this if something is wrong.

See man, told you something was up. Are you just plugging the monitors in and going, or using an updated Microsoft driver via Windows update?

Everything is fully updated. I can span perfectly fine using my AMD card, so it's definitely an issue with the nvidia drivers.
1 hp 30" monitor that is seen as 25x16 native
1 dell 30" u3011 that is seen as 25x16 native
1 older dell 30" that is seen as 12x8 native, but displays perfectly fine at 25x16. This is one of the dumbest bugs I have ever run into. Also, I have tried this on both win7 and win 8, and had at least 4 different installs since January, so it is a consistent issue.

qdVyPnw.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a consistent issue with the monitor in question. How do you have it hooked up, DVI? Is the cable dual link?

Since they all display the same res and refresh it should still work. When I tried 2 Dell 1080p screens with my NEC 1200p screen it said I need matching resolution monitors to run Surround. All 3 monitors mentioned are matching resolution.

Now that I have models to go by, it appears that particular monitor has issues due to its scaler. If you Google, you aren't the only one having that same problem and it isn't Nvidia specific. Happens on Macs and AMD cards alike. Try making the GPU do scaling instead, or try custom resolutions and timings.

Tried all that last night :( I'm going to snag my 30" hp from work and use it and see if the problem goes away. if so, I might just swap them, since no one at work will care.

Back
Top Bottom