GeForce 6800 - benchmark and temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxkrnxstylezxx

In Runtime
Hi I just installed the PNY 6800 I bought yesterday...My first thoughts are that it's not that much faster or better than my crappy ATI Radeon 9600. Much of the lag is gone from games, but I am still not sure if it's as fast as it's supposed to be. Like in NFS:U 2 - at 1024 x 768, full detail, one before highest AA, there is lag when smoke is there and just at random times....(according to fraps FPS thing, i average around 25-40 FPS. and sometimes as high as 50 or low as 17)

I did some benchmark, but I don't know what they mean so could someone see if they're good or bad?

I have a P4 2.8ghz, 1gb ram and everything else is in the links.

3DMark05 - score 3146

3DMark03 - Score 8690

3DMark2001 SE - Score 15862

AquaMark v3.0: 7002(GFX) + 8060(CPU) = 48, 827

Also, I think my temperature is too high. The GPU core temperature is 67-68 degrees celsius at idle and around 74 when playing NFSU2. I read people had around 50-60 celsius max...

I was hoping to overclock this card, but I dunno with this temp

I'd appreciate any suggestions/help. Thank you

Hmm...that seems a little low. When moving from ATI to Nvidia its best to do a full format. Are you sure you removed ALL of your ATI drivers?

I actually only did that Uninstall all ATI related thing...

i guess ill try this method...

1) Download drivers for new card, have them on your HDD
2) Download Driver Cleaner
3) Uninstall old drivers
4) Restart in Safe Mode, run Driver Cleaner to get rid of all traces left behind
5) Turn off PC, remove old card and install new one
6) Startup, install new drivers

First things first you should have bought an eVGA version and the 6800 regular isnt that great. You would have been better buying an x800pro.

Nvidia fan boy said:
First things first you should have bought an eVGA version and the 6800 regular isnt that great. You would have been better buying an x800pro.

well I got mine for $200

i think I did it with the wrong setting on 3dmark2001 the first time. I did it again and got 15862

not much better, but somewhat

eVGA is better, i agree, but as long as he didn't get XFX, he should be okay. Also, with a 6800 NU, like you have, don't be expecting outrageously high benchmarks. It can't compare to a 6800GT or even an X800 Pro for that matter, which is why it costs $200 when a GT would cost $400. Also, what are the rest of your specs? Something else could be bottlenecking your video card.

well i had a choice between the 6800 and the 6600gt. I heard that the 6800 would be better and decided to go for it at the same price.

the cheapest evga 6800 is $290

I think I got a pretty good deal for $200, but I think mine is worse than the other PNY's

oh i think my computer is fine. P4 2.8cghz HT / 512mb x 2 PC3200 Crucial ram / Audigy 2 ZS

i had a pny card and they ALL suck. no matter what chip it is they all suck no matter what. the extra 90 dollars would have been woth it. and what dumba$$ told you that a 6800 would be better than a 6800GT?(no offense intended to the person at all; just a joke).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom