What's the next logical upgrade?

I have to run for now, I really appreciate your help I will throw in the ram when I get back and turn off everything in the background when i get back. I'll also make sure my drivers are updated. My 930 isn't overclocked in the slightest and is at 2.8 Idk if that will make any difference. I have around a 500~ dollar budget for an upgrade

Edit: been a while since a fresh install of windows maybe I'll do that as well.

Last edited:
Yea I really don't want you to waste your money if you don't have to. From December till February I was using my backup setup which is an i5 750. I had no problems with it and a single 580. Both of your parts are more powerful, so you should have no problems playing any of these games.

So I bought a AMD 8320 with 8 gigs of ram today. Using 8 gigs of ddr3 ram and in stormwind on ultra I only have 20-25 FPS.

Yeah it's a complete fresh install. Yeah I will bring it back tomorrow. I was so pumped to get better performance.

Yea, I was rather certain it wasn't your CPU. Not only that, a better option would have been a 3330 or 3570k, not the 8320.

Did you install the latest WHQL, or beta drivers?

Yeah i just got the newest drivers. Another thing.. I put my friends asus gtx 670 in as well and my pc for some reason wouldn't pick it up

Last edited:
WoW is seriously quite dated even with their "improvements" and I can't see an i7 930 being any kind of bottleneck to it in the least.

Yeah, my sisters Q9450 rig i built her years back just shi8s all over that game, i cant imagine that a way faster i7 would be doing worse.

I would say something is very badly configured!

My guess is that your version of wow is based on the Single core version and all the other junk that you have still running in the background is also running on your first core. You are likely overtasking one core while the others do very little work. In task manager you can switch wow do a different core or split the core load between more then one cpu.

We need the exact rig info that you run man, can you give us the DXDIAG text?

Back
Top Bottom