The best AGP card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i see what you mean but glad of the input anyway!

I liked the idea of the 6800 Ultra but i didn't realise it was a factory overclocked GT?!
I've also heard that the 6800 need a hefty PSU of at least 480w.
Not really a prob as i'm gonna have to replace my 350w whatever card i choose anyway!

One thing i didn't mention was software bundles. My present card come with loadsa apps and games and thats what could sway me one way or the other. Any good bundles available?

Here are my current specs

Athlon XP3000+ 333fsb
1 Gb PC2700
MSI Geforce FX5900XT 128mb

I know that my cpu will become a bottleneck with new card but i plan to upgrade mainboard/cpu/ram around eastertime but will still go the AGP way untill early 2006.
So the card will have to last me around 13-14 months.

Will a 6800 Ultra or a X800XT PE do me till then? What big games are due towards the end of next year?

Thanks for help!

The ATi X800XT PE/Platinum Edition, even with its high price, is the best card on the MARKET! This has been proven by many, so I don't know what anyone is talking about with the nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra beating the X800XT PE.

Megadeth2 said:
The ATi X800XT PE/Platinum Edition, even with its high price, is the best card on the MARKET! This has been proven by many, so I don't know what anyone is talking about with the nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra beating the X800XT PE.

I agree

Bang for the buck = 6800GT
Best card on the market = X800XT P.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom