Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Making a Black build, parts help wanted

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #32 (permalink)
PP Mguire
Build Guru

Default Re: Making a Black build, parts help wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by patonb View Post
The biggest issue is Corsair has that stupid 20mm fan. I looked last year and there was no solution without moving/modding the HD Cages, as all 20mm fans were only 50cfm.

But it now seems those Bitfenix Pros can actually squeeze in and are 147cfm. So it looks like I will be getting a new fan.
CM has the same problem, as their fans are **** and proprietary. The Bitfenix isn't a direct match, but 3 holes aligned and it doesn't wobble or make noise so I'm good. Just gotta be creative as it appears all 200mm fans are proprietary which is absolutely stupid. I figured wth, I paid 17 bucks for this damn fan, it's going to fit no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva19 View Post
You should find a black case with a clear siding or and front. Why else have everything black. Plus I don't see why have green PCB's with black covers is so bad. PP MGuire's picture looks good. Plus I understand its your wants, but nothing is ever perfect. Just saying. Also your compositors will not be black and you cannot paint them.
That's what I was trying to explain. The rig I made up is like 90% black, and tried explaining that you wont get everything 100% black unless you dig out the paint. Besides, the gold caps give it a real nice contrast without too much bling IMO.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.