Asus Essentio with i5 CPU adding GPU to PCI-E slot

Actually another question:

I noticed that these Essentio machines have HDMI as well as VGA; could I dual display off each of those? (HDMI+VGA?)

I'm also told that HDMI can also be daisy chained or is taht DP only? Speaking of DP, I don't see much in the way of Displayport.
I'm not sure, but it wont hurt to try. I think you can though.

Daisy chaining is done through DP, and no it isn't catching on very quick because HDMI and Dual link DVI-D has enough bandwidth for all common resolutions currently.

NICE CARD! I didn't know that kind of thing existed, 4 would be nice but I tried 3 widescreens and I was overwhelmed by it so I dropped back to 2; I actually prefer the "square" than the "rectangle" (or known as 5:10/4:3 instead of 16:9) my vision impairment doesn't accommodate 16:9 very well.

I have an i7 3820 for doing video rednering; I don't know I mean I know that i5 is capable for gaming and rendering but I am afraid of not getting enough power when I need it.

I'm kinda stuck with what I have; I'll make them work.
The 3350p is actually not too much slower than the 3820, and the 3570k is better than the 3820 per core. The only real advantage the 3820 has over the 3350p is it's clocked 500MHz faster, and has HT. That's it. The extra 500MHz on the core clock gives it the real advantage as clock for clock I think the way cheaper 3350p would match it. Course, you can't overclock the 3350p so that holds it back. Other than that, the 3350p is a great CPU. If you upgraded to a 3570k or 3770k in that PC you would actually outperform the 3820.

maybe int he future I might upgrade; I probably could have gone with i3; its only going to run 5 printers (zebra barcode printer, TSP100 cutter/receipt printer, postage printer x2 and of course the wireless HP Officejet and my point of sale system is browser based so there's no database for it to run and it does a good job with everything else it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom