[Project Log] Haf XB Codenamed "Harley"

D8295A35-AB1F-401D-9D00-2030EBDD1200-5568-00000AF7850149D8_zps497aa540.jpg

Looks like it will be worth the wait for me, although I will need to upgrade ram also
The lineup will begin with Core i7-4820, a quad-core chip with a nominal clock speed of 3.70 GHz, Turbo Boost speed of 3.90 GHz, and 10 MB shared L3 cache. Moving on, there's the Core i7-4930K, a six-core chip with an unlocked BClk multiplier, nominal speed of 3.40 GHz, Turbo Boost speed of 3.90 GHz, and 12 MB shared L3 cache. The series will be topped off with the Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition, featuring an unlocked BClk multiplier, 3.60 GHz nominal clock speed, 4.00 GHz Turbo Boost speed, and 15 MB shared L3 cache. The Ivy Bridge-E silicon will be built on the 22 nm silicon fab process, and TDP for all three parts is rated at 130W. The three will be released some time in Q3, 2013.
4930 is what I want.

Last edited:
Nah you don't need to upgrade your RAM. Current SB-E models will run with XMP all the way up to 2133 but there isn't a difference between 1600 and 2133 besides in benchmarks. I even use a large RAMDisk for Skyrim and the faster speeds don't improve anything.

So I can still run my Geil's at 1600 if the standard is 1800+
Good to know :)

Only reason I went with the Geil's is the amber heat sinks to match color scheme.
There were a couple other options at time of purchase, but either priced too high or were low profile.

Although the corsair platinum s look very sexy too, but priced like a gold nugget to homeless man.

Well consider the following, all Intel CPU's besides the current IB line have a standard of 1333 and we are running at 1600. As long as the bios/chip supports it or there is an XMP profile you can run your RAM at whatever you want. I can run my RAM at DDR1 speeds if I wanted to lol.

Any suggestions on how to make this setup better?

After I get a new place sometime later this year I plan on getting a decent set of speakers, was thinking about adding in a nice sound card, but know nothing about sound cards.

From what I've read, ppl say if there is a big difference in quality over onboard sound.

There is a big difference in sound if you have the audio setup to complement it. Sort of like, there isn't a reason to put a 347 stroker in a smart car cause you can't drive the thing. If you get a quality audio setup then for sure grab yourself a sound card.

Depending on what audio setup you get I can recommend a good sound card. If you plan on just using HDMI audio then you don't need one btw.

she is up and running, will keep all at stock settings for a bit

idle temps
stocktemps_zpsf1ce74d4.jpg

gpu stock boost went up to 1058 under stress test, guess thats about average.

need run some full load temp runs

temps-stock-load_zps6f8ff580.png

will couple that with cpuz when i get back home, that was just a quick test before i run.

Back
Top Bottom