Buying from craigslist , help :)

A screenshot of CPU-Z will show you what CPU it is. If it is a 965be then if you buy it you will need to monitor load temps to make sure the CPU doesn't get too hot.

I found someone selling this for 200. Do you think it would be upgradable and or worth it do grab that? Toshiba Satellite C645D-S4024 - 14" - Athlon II P320 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - 3 GB RAM - 250 GB HDD - CNET Mobile
No. That laptop is considerately slower than whatever is being offered here, and you cannot upgrade it.
Can I use a windows gadget to find out the temp?
Use Coretemp to monitor the load temps, and use Prime95 to load the cores to monitor the temps.

Okay well when i buy it ill need help finding those cause idk how to find, do you think I should purchase it more now? Also if it gets to hot and I need copper part is that an easy install?

Google is your friend really. Both programs I mentioned can be downloaded for free.
Coretemp
Prime95

If you require an aftermarket heatsink you can get something cheap. The cheaper ones aren't too complicated to install and come with illustrated instructions.

Alright, thank you. I hope I can do it if needed, truthfully would it just be better to buy aftermarket heatsink anyways? and I will save those, thank you. :) I will be going on the 16th I believe to go and buy the computer. I'll post more pictures if he sends any before than.

I'd rather not worry about that happening, I will download those as soon as I get it and post the temps, sadly I don't know the temps it should but, I am sure you guys will tell me. I will probably buy a new heatsink 2 weeks or so after the computer when i get paid again.

Back
Top Bottom