Battery Options

Thorax_the_Impaler

Minecraft Veteran
Hello everyone!

So today my laptop battery finally bit the dust. After it died in less than a half an hour claiming it still had enough juice for two that is. So I'm looking into ordering a new battery but I'm a little stuck on choosing one. There is a 6 cell (which I have), a 9 cell, and a 12 cell. Now I've read estimates for my machine that say a 6 cell battery for it give about two and half hours of battery life through normal usage, the 9 cell gives about four to five, and the 12 cell can give about 8 hours, from things I've read. The 6 cell batteries usually go for about $25, and the 12 cells at a price ceiling of about $60. What would you guys recommend? Or rather, which would you personally choose? Thanks for your time and answers guys!

It's really your personal choice.
If your budget allows for a longer run, and you need to use your laptop for extended time on the battery, then get the 9 or 12 cell.

If your just using the laptop at home mostly and occasionally go out for short times, then the 6 cell would be o.k.. I think 2-3 years is about the top life for any battery no matter how many cells it has
(actually I think batteries are rated by number of charges/longevity but I may be mis-taken)

The real important number is going to be you mA-h <-- amount of power / time

You also want quality cells, I know that my spare dell laptop that i let friends use has an awesome battery and it was made all the way back in 2006, its on the factory battery still! Its because it uses Panasonic cells. Quality cells can take the stress of constant charge and discharge.

this is what it looks like just in the off chance you have never seen inside one
li-cells.jpg

Back
Top Bottom