Use3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 13
  • Use4.jpg
    Use4.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Use5.jpg
    Use5.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 13
Haha yea the numbers are really fake. The only correct number on that list is the HDD at 5.9.

The GPU is a 4770 and will not play Dirt 3 on Ultra as advertised. Maybe at 1024x768.
With the heatsink size, that is going to be an Athlon CPU, not a Phenom. A 3.4GHz Phenom 2 965 heatsink has copper heatpipes that come out of the side. Ruling APU out as well, due to the socket and VRM heatsink on the side.
MSI motherboard. XFX video card. Corsair XMS RAM, either 1600 or 1333 CAS 9 or 11.
500GB Seagate Barracuda.

Haha yea the numbers are really fake. The only correct number on that list is the HDD at 5.9.

The GPU is a 4770 and will not play Dirt 3 on Ultra as advertised. Maybe at 1024x768.
With the heatsink size, that is going to be an Athlon CPU, not a Phenom. A 3.4GHz Phenom 2 965 heatsink has copper heatpipes that come out of the side. Ruling APU out as well, due to the socket and VRM heatsink on the side.
MSI motherboard. XFX video card. Corsair XMS RAM, either 1600 or 1333 CAS 9 or 11.
500GB Seagate Barracuda.

So what screenshot he posted aside what do you think the specs are really for it and is it worth 400? Or could I buy a better one/set on newegg? I see some fairly good priced things in the DIY section on newegg, but it's been so long since I've even taken one apart I am worried I'd struggle assembling plus those don't come with any OS right?

Unless the person in question can prove a legitimate copy of Windows most likely it will be pirated using Windows 7 loader. And by prove, I mean he is giving you a legit key and the disc that goes with it. If not, you can do better on Newegg.

Hmm, whats the difference between a pirated windows 7 and owning it? besides the obvious. Does it actually run different?

Also if you find the time could you recommend what to buy on newegg? I really only have 400 right now. but I mean if it's withing a close range like 450 I could get someone to loan me that money, but I can't really go past that in the immediate time period. I get about 300 a month after all my bills and necessities are paid for. so it'd be at least another month before I could add to my funds and I would like to get one soon. My only problem with newegg, is the cheapest was is buying DIY I just worry I'd have problems with assembling like I said before.

Legit is legal, pirated... ain't. You always want legit.

Honestly, even with the specs, you won't get as much with $400 if the copy of Win7 is legit.

If I was to buy computer what is the first thing I should upgrade? I have a ps3 as my primary gaming device but I am wanting this for pc exclusives. I don't need to run at max settings but at least medium. I will also need to buy a monitor, but I may have to use craigslist for that also because I really can't spend 150 for a good new one. :/

There is no difference between legit and pirated besides the fact that it's illegal and you need to figure out how to activate Windows once you have to reformat.

Have him tell you exactly what the CPU, motherboard, and everything is first then we can go from there if we go DIY.

There is no difference between legit and pirated besides the fact that it's illegal and you need to figure out how to activate Windows once you have to reformat.

Have him tell you exactly what the CPU, motherboard, and everything is first then we can go from there if we go DIY.

Alright I believe he will be at his families for around a week, but when he gets back he will get model #'s for me. I hope it's worth a dang cause it fits my price range.

Back
Top Bottom