Urgent Help Needed

They're plugged in correctly, the GPU is receiving power.
I tried to uninstall and re-install the drivers but still no result.

A GPU sitting in a PCI-E slot will always be getting at least 75w of power as that is what the slot provides. If it isn't receiving the external power then it wont boot up. If you aren't getting a post (as in the bios screen comes up when turning it on) then it isn't anything related to software.

That's why I asked if you have tried the card in another PCI-E slot. If everything has been tested and working, then something isn't hooked up right, set properly, or whatever. Just a matter of figuring out exactly what is causing it not to boot with the GPU in the machine. Most likely it's going to be something dumb.

Have you tried the onboard ports while the GPU is installed in the machine?

What you mean by Onboard Ports?
The GPU's Fans work and the drivers are functioning properly as the computer says.
And regarding the PSU thing, my PSU provides 600W (Corsair builder series 80Plus Bronze 600W) and it gives 2 PCI-E cables and they're both used for the GPU.
There were 2 Molex along the GPU which were needed in case the PSU itself didn't have 2 PCI-E Cables.
My CPU is an i5 3570, RAM is 8GB @ 1333MHz and an ASRock Z77 Pro3 MoBo.
I guess the PSU is enough as i did some research before buying the parts, but in case it's not, any alternative besides getting a new one?
If i didn't mention before, my GPU is a Sapphire 7870 GHz Edition.

I know what your parts are and I think you misunderstood me.
Start from the beginning.

First, leave the GPU installed into the first PCI-E slot, with the power cables plugged in to the video card.

Next, plug your monitor in to one of the ports on the motherboard. That uses the onboard graphics.

If your PC boots, let it go all the way in to Windows and see if Windows detects your video card. If it does, then your motherboard simply is not booting to the PCI-E card like I said before. If this is the case you can plug your monitor back into the video card and turn your PC on. Wait for Windows to boot up and after a while your Windows screen should come on the screen.

I have been saying all this with the assumption that you haven't been getting any video to your scree while using the 7870. That is why I have been trying to help you troubleshoot your PC. If this is the case, then follow the things I am saying so we can go through a process of elimination to figure out exactly why you aren't getting any video with the 7870.

Now you misundertood me.
Yes it's true, i haven't been getting any video while using the 7870.
It works with the onboard port.
And i waited for like 8 minutes when the cable was plugged in the video card but still no video, the monitor keeps sleeping.
So in short, windows works with onboard port but not with video card, a thing that's driving me nuts D:
And i guess you're right about PC not booting to PCI-E even when i change the main graphics driver to PCI-E in UEFI/BIOS.
My monitor unfortunately doesn't have a DVI port to use so i have to use the DVI-VGA Adapter that came with the GPU, guess that's fine?

Alright i got it, the PSU seems to work fine on the other PC.
I also contacted the shop where i got it from and they said the components SHOULD work fine, if the GPU doesn't work, it can be related to the monitor which is kinda old and only supports VGA.
Another possible reason could be a bad adapter (DVI-VGA) but i really seem to be messed up.

Back
Top Bottom