Steambox/Media center pc

d0ntcar3

In Runtime
I'm looking to build something that is similar to something like the Digital Storm bolt, Alienware X51, IbuyPC Revolt.

I'm not sure where to start on cases. I was looking at the Coolermaster HAF XB. But realized it was still slightly too tall for where it is going. I am still trying to figure a way to make it work since it seems like an nice idea.

I'm not sure where to start when it comes to a micro atx build since I've never made one, nor do I know anything about what cases to look into.

My budget is somewhere around 1000-1200 I think. I don't think I really need anything higher than a i5.

Any help would be great.

That will be it's main purpose besides playing my blurays/mkv files. I have a lot steam games that I can use my xbox controller with.

Gotta take the kiddo to the park, but when I get back I'll link a build option.

If anybody beats me to it, I'm thinking i3/i5 based 660ti rig with a nice sized SSD for the Valve folder and some storage drives in an mITX package.

Sounds good. I think an i5 is what I would want to run in it. I would do a better video card if the smaller form cases allow it. I don't know much about cases but these are the 2 that I've run across

LIAN LI PC-C33B HTPC Case - Newegg.com

LIAN LI PC-Q08B Black Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

Or even a silverstone.

Would like to run a Slot loading bluray drive if possible.

I don't know what either of these cases are capable of. I should add it can't be any higher than an xbox 360 slim standing up.

Last edited:
Cool I think I'm going to go with the SG08, mostly because the GD08 won't fit full sized video cards. Micro atx will be fine.

Any advice on components?

Can you replace the power supply that comes with the SG08? I assume a modular one would better serve the small space.

Back
Top Bottom