Urgent Help Needed

CrazyBoy494

Baseband Member
So i just got my new build up, put everything in the case and wired it up.
Now when i insert the CD, it goes to the screen where it says "Press Enter To Continue" "Press R To Restore" etc but the keyboard doesn't work on that screen.
The keyboard and Mouse are Wireless and i'm connecting them to the back ports.
Also, can the windows be installed from an USB? I tried but it doesn't seem to work.
The ISO images are bootable and have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in it.
When i put the GPU in, the monitor doesn't seem to get signal even though i put the adapter.
Would a 32-bit windows work in my new PC with ASRock Z77 Pro3 and 3570 @ 3.4GHz?
It's kinda urgent since this PC is almost to die.

So i just got my new build up, put everything in the case and wired it up.
  1. Now when i insert the CD, it goes to the screen where it says "Press Enter To Continue" "Press R To Restore" etc but the keyboard doesn't work on that screen.
  2. The keyboard and Mouse are Wireless and i'm connecting them to the back ports.
  3. Also, can the windows be installed from an USB? I tried but it doesn't seem to work.
  4. The ISO images are bootable and have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in it.
  5. When i put the GPU in, the monitor doesn't seem to get signal even though i put the adapter.
  6. Would a 32-bit windows work in my new PC with ASRock Z77 Pro3 and 3570 @ 3.4GHz?
  7. It's kinda urgent since this PC is almost to die.

1: What? If you are inserting a Windows 7 DVD and are booting to it, you will come across the first screen that says install, then the second screen asks for "Upgrade" or "custom". Click on custom, and the next screen will show a list with your HDD. Click on it, and make a new partition with the button below the list and click next. It will ask to make a system partition, click yes/ok.

2: You will need to use a wired keyboard or mouse to do a fresh install.

3: Yes it can. You need to make a bootable flash drive from within Windows using the Microsoft to USB tool.

4:This only makes half sense, but you need to go into the bios with the onboard ports and set it to PCI-E graphics or "PEG" adapter. Which ever your bios has.

5: Yes it would work, but if you have 4 or more GB of RAM it wont utilize all of your RAM.

6:......why is your PC about to die?

Because since i'm an idiot i've been messing up with it, now the fans are pretty much working everytime at a high speed, the videocard randomly stops working, the PC shuts itself when it wants.
Oh and i'm using a XP CD since that's one i found.
Edit : It works perfectly now, thank you so much.
One thing though : When i use the GPU adapter and connect to monitor, it doesn't show anything, while on Onboard it works perfectly fine, any idea?

Last edited:
Sounds like you have been messing around in the bios where you shouldn't have been. I suggest resetting the bios back to default for your fans to be set back to auto, and you will need to go and set the default video device to PCI-E like I said.

I would not use Windows XP on that machine.

I changed it to Windows 7, XP is not my favourite either.
When i change the default video device to PCI-E and connect the cables through the adapter on GPU, the monitor doesn't show anything, that's the bad thing, everything else is awesomely fine.

Test the GPU in another machine to make sure it works. If it does, then make sure the power cables are plugged in properly, and that it is seated in the slot correctly.

You don't have a friends computer you can test it in? Another family members computer with a PCI-E slot? Explore all options before wasting money on an RMA because if they send it back saying it's fine you're out some money and time.

Okay so it seems it worked on another PC, without giving problems but i retried with my own PC now and it isn't working but it's recognized by the motherboard, the fans themselves are working, so i guess something else is wrong? What could it be?

Back
Top Bottom